Monday 10 January 2011

An Introduction

Hi all, 

I thought I would write a quick introduction to myself and this blog.

I am 26 years old and live with my boyfriend, Thomas, and little baby girl, Rosie, in a small village in Perthshire, Scotland. I graduated from Northumbria University, Newcastle with a media and politics degree back in 2008 but I have recently had a career re think and have decided to combine my love of make up and beauty and my business head and I am (hopefully) about to begin training to become a professional make up artist. 

I am currently on maternity leave from my current job so I thought it was an ideal time to begin a fashion and photographic make-up course. My aim is to work part time freelance whilst Rosie is young to gain some experience and then hopefully be able to make a full time career out of it. If any of you guys have done a make up artistry course or work as a make up artist please pass on your tips and advice!!

I first began reading blogs and watching youtube videos over a year ago. Maternity leave has allowed me to spend more time doing this and I have felt so inspired by what I have read that I decided to begin my own!! I also hope to use this blog to show case my make-up portfolio and network with other professionals and clients. And also for chatting about my life events, ranting or raving about beauty products and fashion. The twist is that I will also use it to document Rosie's growth and development and talk about being a mummy. So I can hopefully pass on some tips and advice and discuss baby products that I cannot live without. 

So that just about sums it up for now. If you are a mummy or a mummy to be and love blogs and make up then this blog is for you. Of course I would love anyone at all to follow me at the moment!

Coming soon will be: New Years Resolutions, An intro to Rosie and motherhood and weekly updates, products I am loving, updates on my make up career, recent hauls and my baby weight loss challange!

I am also thinking about starting to vlog but I am not sure if my scottish accent is up to it! Lets wait and see!

I will leave you with a picture of my lovely wee family:

No comments:

Post a Comment