Saturday 3 September 2011

Zumba ba ba ba



Well after about a year and half of talking about going to a Zumba class I finally did it!! I was originally going to go way back when the craze first appeared but then the pregnancy excuse got in the way and then I have always managed to put it off somehow or other. 

On Thursday I finally bit the bullet and dragged myself to a class, and the verdict? I wish I hadn't put it off for so long as I loved it!

For those of you who may not know what Zumba is, it is an latin based exercise dance class which is around an hour long and supposedly you can burn off 500 cals in one class. So its a bit like the new "Spin" class. 

The room was pretty packed and there were some die hard Zumba funs there. I am talking head to toe Zumba get up!! But I just rocked up in my running leggings, a vest and my nike zooms and tried my best to hide at the back of the room. 

At first a felt right a totally clown as I didn't know any of the moves or routine but then a quick look around the room told me neither did 3/4 of the class! So for all you people who might be a bit scared about going as you have zero co-ordination, don't worry about it as everyone is to busy trying to follow the steps as well. I think at my next class I might venture forward a wee bit as it was quite hard to see the instructors feet and I think that might have been useful. 

By the end of the class I was dripping in sweat, and sweating is something I really don't like doing. If I am in the gym and I start sweating, then I normally ease back a bit as I hate the feeling but with Zumba it sort of happened without me evening know. Also the hour seemed to go by in a flash whereas normally I constantly clock watch during exercise classes. 

I am hoping to do a zumba session about 2 - 3 times a week, the only problem is the classes are on at awkward times but hopefully I can work around this.

So for all of you who want to try Zumba and are a bit hesitant then my advice is just go for it! It is a really fun class, and you can push yourself really hard for some tracks and ease back a bit for others.

xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment