Sunday, 14 August 2011

Tone It Up Update and weekend antics

Bonsoir everyone!

Hope you are all good and well and have had a lovely weekend. Just a little update on how things are going with the new health regime and life.

So I completed Day 1 no problem, Day 2's challenge was fine also. It was the Bikini Strap work out and I thought it was a really good........ until things started to go wrong. Yesterday my left knee felt a wee bit niggly but I didn't really think too much of it and just carried on with my day. Which to be honest didn't involve much apart from a big food shop (most exciting thing about that was getting a new kettle and toaster - oh how my life is exciting). In the evening we just chilled and watched HP, when I went to bed my knee was still a bit niggly but pretty easy to ignore. Fast forward to around 5am when I woke in absolute agony and could hardly move my leg. Thought uh oh but eventually, after a lot of tossing and turning I managed to get back to sleep. However I did wake a couple more times. 

When I woke up for the day the pain had become unbareable and I literally couldn't move my leg at all! I  was bursting for the loo so had to get Tom to help me hobble along. And oh my god sitting down was agony! So we decided it was probably a good idea to pop up to A&E to have it checked out. 

Around an hour later, after a lot of faffing about and a good 5 mins spent trying to get in the car we arrived at the hospital. Luckily, it was really quiet so didn't have to wait long at all to be seen which was a bonus as Rosie was with us and I didn't fancy trying to keep her entertained for an age whilst in a waiting area! 

The doctor got me to hop up (again quite literally) on to the bed and then began the torture process where she prodded and poked my knee, made me bend it and lift my leg in the air, all of which hurt - A LOT. She then went away and the consultant came in and made me repeat the whole bloody process again, which is beyond me. My favourite bit was when she asked me to lift my foot - to which I tried and failed, so then she asked me again!!!! I have just said I can't FFS! Now I know they were just doing their job but come on. 

After some murmuring and discussions involving some un-comprehendible medical terms she finally announced that the most likely cause was tendonitis and send me packing with the advice to pick up some ibroprofen! 

Tendonitis is not a nice thing peeps, it really really hurts and I don't think I will be able to do anymore road running, even though I had good trainers etc etc. If I do, then it is most likely to flare up again. It also means I can't exercise for a few days which is pretty rubbish however my mate is coming up from NCL so probably wouldn't have done much anyway.

So thats the exercise round up, food wise things are going alright. Had a bit of a pig out on Friday but have mostly been sticking to my measured out meals. Today was a bit of failure as we went to my friend's daughters 1st birthday party so was obviously cake galore. 

The party was so cute, Rosie loved it and it was brilliant seeing her laugh and play with other babies her age. She gets so excited! She also matched the birthday girl perfectly as she was in white and red stripes and J was in spots. Hopefully get a picture of them both together. 

So all in all the weekend was a bit up and down! I shall leave you with a wee picture of my cutie pie! 


No comments:

Post a Comment